Julius Sladden was a founder member of the Abbot Lichfield Lodge of Freemasons, Evesham, No 3308. This photo is assumed to have been taken in 1911, the year in which he was Grand Master.
Abbot Lichfield Lodge was consecrated on 14th January 1909 at The Town Hall, Evesham, with around a hundred Masons present. As immediate Past Master, Julius Sladden was one of five Principal Officers appointed. Records reveal that he had been Past Master of Lodge No 1036 and Past Principal Grand Chapter Oxfordshire.
In 1913, when the building on Swan Lane, Evesham (initially a school), was purchased and established as the Masonic Hall of Abbot Lichfield Lodge, Julius Sladden was one of the founding directors. A board giving the names of Past Masters, with Worshipful Brother Julius Sladden listed for 1911, is located in the main hall of the Lodge.
We are grateful to Rosemary Richards (née Sladden) for providing a copy of this photograph from the Sladden family album. Photo of the list of Past Masters: Maureen Spinks.
Copyright: © The Sladden family descendants