William George Cox married Margaret Gibbs, in Wolverhampton, on 8th September 1945. 'Bill' Cox (1919-2002) was a son of George Cox, who ran the Wickhamford village shop on Pitchers Hill at that time. He was a corporal in the R.A.F., having joined in 1939 and was an engine fitter. He served most of his time in the War in East Africa. Margaret Gibbs was the daughter of Col. George Reginald Gibbs OBE, Headmaster of the Royal Wolverhampton School. After leaving the R.A.F., Bill Cox became a policeman and the couple had two children.