Present-day address: Stone Cottage, Village Street, Aldington
Stone Cottage was originally part of Sherwood Farm. In 2016, the neighbouring cottage known as The Dove Cote (previously Stuart Cottage) was incorporated as part of Stone Cottage to make a single residence. According to the National Heritage List for England, the original house was the limb to the east (The Dove Cote/Stuart Cottage), having a date of 1686 cut into the lintel of a stone mullioned window. Stone Cottage was built in the 18th century.