Present-day address: The Cottage, 46 High Street, Badsey
A terraced cottage built probably in the 18th century. In 1812, when the Badsey Enclosure Map was drawn, this cottage and the one next-door (Number 48) were one house belonging to Thomas Knight. It is thought that he divided the house and added on extensions (the present-day Field Cottage, Mill Lane, and Number 50 High Street) to accommodate his large family. For much of the 20th century, until the 1960s, the three cottages in High Street, together with Field Cottage in Mill Lane were known as numbers 1, 2, 3 & 4 Mill Cottages, even though they were never part of the mill land. This cottage was originally Number 3 Mill Cottages.
Photographer: Chris Smith, April 2021; © The Badsey Society