Brian Smith of Aldington has, for many years, collected items relating to old Evesham breweries. Here he describes ones connected with Sladden & Collier Brewery. In 1878, Julius Sladden took over the brewery belonging to Allard & Son in Evesham, and called it Sladden & Co. A number of letters written by Julius Sladden are on Sladden & Co headed notepaper, such as this one of 15th November 1878. In 1890 Julius Sladden went into partnership with Herbert Edward Collier and the brewery became known as Sladden & Collier. This letter of 3rd February 1898 is on Sladden & Collier headed notepaper.