Maps, Enclosure, Valuation Office and Farm Survey Records
The Badsey Society has several maps of Badsey and Aldington, and also Wickhamford, which have come from a variety of sources.
The first known maps of the parish date back to the early 19th century when private Acts of Parliament were passed for the enclosing of the parishes of Badsey and Aldington. The original of the Aldington map is in the Worcestershire Record Office and the original of the Badsey map is in the library of Christ Church, Oxford. In 2005, The Badsey Society borrowed the originals and paid a professional company to take photographic images of the maps. Actual-size copies of the maps are held in the parish.
The first Ordnance Survey map of the parish was surveyed in 1883, originals of which may be seen in the Worcestershire Record Office. The Society is fortunate to own an 1885 edition (albeit very fragile) of the map for central Badsey and some later issues of Ordnance Survey maps.
This section also contains records relating to the nationwide Valuation Office Survey which took place 1910-1915 and generated both maps and field books documenting every piece of land in the parish. It also contains records relating to the National Farm Survey of 1941. The original documents are held at The National Archives and Worcestershire Record Office, but copies have been obtained.