Charles Granville Gepp (1844-1903; Vicar 1887-1897)
Charles Granville Gepp was born at Ashbourne, Derbyshire, in 1844, the sixth child and fourth son of George Edward and Emma Sophia Gepp. He became a student at Christ Church, Oxford, where he gained 2nd class Mod in 1864, a BA (3rd class Lit Hum) in 1866 and an MA in 1876. From 1868-1871 he was Sixth Form Master at Tonbridge School. He was ordained in 1871, and was Curate of Luddington, Warwickshire 1871-1874. In January 1872, he married Harriet Alice Lister Swainson at Wistanstow, Shropshire; Harriet died there in December 1875. From 1874-1875, he was Classics Master at Elizabeth College, Guernsey; from 1877-1878 he was Second Master at Great Yarmouth Grammar School; from 1878-1880, he was Headmaster of the Grammar School and Chaplain of the Church of the Holy Cross, Stratford-on-Avon. In January 1877, Gepp married Charlotte Jemima B Kinchant (née Foster) at North Stoneham, Southampton, who had a daughter, Charlotte. By 1881, Gepp was Curate of Westhide, Herefordshire. He was at Westhide from 1881-1882. Charlotte died in July 1881, having given birth to a daughter, Violet, in June. In July 1883, he married for a third time to Alice Wallington, at Leamington Priors, Warwickshire. Charles Gepp then became Assistant Master of St Andrew’s College, Bradfield, Berkshire, from 1883-1887, where two more children, Helen and Lancelot, were born. Gepp became Vicar of Badsey in 1887; George and Hermione were born at Badsey. After leaving Badsey, Gepp became Vicar of Wood Norton, Norfolk, where he died in 1903.