Following the death in 1917 of George Hunt, an Evesham architect, his land was put up for sale by auction on 18th June 1917.
(Adjoining Littleton and Badsey Station)
BOROUGH OF EVESHAM
HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE SALE OF
VALUABLE FREEHOLD PROPERTIES
TO BE SOLD BY AUCTION BY
E G Righton & Son
By order of the Executors of the late George Hunt, Esq, at THE KING’S HEAD HOTEL, EVESHAM, on MONDAY JUNE 18TH 1917 at five for six o’clock in the afternoon, as follows:
Close to the Badsey and Littleton Station, GWR
- Lot 1 – The detached brick and tiled dwelling house, outbuildings and good garden, in the occupation of Mr F (sic – should be T) Taplin. [This is the present-day Lime Trees, Station Road, Blackminster.]
- Lot 2 – The valuable small holding comprising a well-built detached dwelling house with the coach house, stabling, loft over, a large dray shed, 2 piggeries, and garden land, part planted with plum and apple trees, containing 4A 1R 15P or thereabouts, and let to Mr G Shammon at £32 13s per annum rent. [This is the present-day Orchard House, Station Road, Blackminster.]
- Lot 3 – The pair of desirable brick built cottages with the large garden, in the occupation of Jas Knight and A Harvey. [These are the present-day Victoria Cottage and Corner House, Station Road, Blackminster.]
- Lot 4 – An exceedingly valuable small holding or farm comprising a detached dwelling house containing hall, parlour, 3 bedrooms, kitchen with cupboard, pantry, scullery, lean to porch and long verandah, a detached dairy and cider house, a capital large walled in garden and vinery, 36 ft long. The buildings comprise office, cow stalls, stabling, 2 piggeries with cisterns, cart shed, granary over and fowl house, yards with sheds and six enclosures of orchard, pasture and arable land, about 24A 2R 4P. This property is well situated near to Badsey and Littleton Station, fronting the Main Road from Station to Badsey and bounded by the Brook on the other side. Part is let to Mr R Wiggins at £71 per annum rent, and the other part to Mr Edwin Stanley at £6 per annum rent on which part landlord pays rates. [This is the present-day The Old Farm House, Birmingham Road, Blackminster.]
- Lot 5 – All that piece of garden land, containing about 4A 3R 0P, being a part of Woodward’s Ground, and let to Mr George Knight, Jun, at £14 5s per annum rent.
- Lot 6 – A pair of stone built and tiled cottages with gardens and out offices, situated close to the Badsey and Littleton Station and let to Messrs S Reeves and E Knight at £15 16s per annum rent, landlord paying rates. [These are the present-day Ivanhoe and Rose Cottage, Birmingham Road, Blackminster.]
- Lot 7 – The valuable piece of market garden or building land containing 7A 0R 17P or thereabouts situate near to Aldington Railway Siding, about 2 miles from Evesham, and having long building frontages, in the several occupations of Messrs R W New, Geo Taylor and Walter Andrews, at £25 per annum rent. The plantation of fruit trees belong to the vendor and is included in the sale. The properties are free from land tax and tithe.
- Lots 8 & 9.
- Lots 10-16.