In 2008, John C Goom Architects, used a photograph taken nearly a hundred years earlier as a source of inspiration for a new building built on the same site as a previous outbuilding. The earlier photo, showing the rear of the house and some of its outbuildings, was taken in about 1912. The later photo was taken in April 2013 and shows Lizzie Noyes and Richard Phillips with Sheila Knight (née Butler), who used to work and live at the Manor over 70 years ago, with her niece, Jane Thompson (née Ellison).
The stone building on the left may have been stables with a hayloft above. It appears on the 1812 Enclosure Map and was demolished in the late 1940s. A wedding reception took place at the Manor in May 1941 and photos were taken outside the old stable building.