Skip to main content

6 Longdon Hill

Present-day address: 6 Longdon Hill, Wickhamford

A semi-detached house built on the north side of Longdon Hill in 1872, opposite The Sandys Arms. The date and the initials JPL were put on a plaque on the side of the house; JPL was John Pickup Lord who owned all of the Wickhamford estate at that time. The cottages did not form part of the Wickhamford estate in 1930, so had obviously been sold by then. No 6 was known in the first half of the 20th century as Wickhamford 2.

Photographer: Tom Locke, April 2015