Present-day address: Malvern House, 36 High Street, Badsey
A detached house dating back to the 17th century; an Abstract of Title, dated 1901, refers to an indenture dated 14th December 1657 but the house may have earlier origins. From 1869 to the early 1880s, Mrs Mary Mallett set up a “Middle-Class School for Young Ladies”. For most of the 20th century the house was in the ownership of the Jones family.
Photographer: Mike & Wendy Gwynn, May 2008