How did the road get its name?
Manorside is so-called because it is adjacent to Badsey Manor House and was once part of the Manor House grounds when they were more extensive.
When did housing development begin?
Manorside was built in 1987 as a development of 20 terraced houses (three terraces of eight, five and seven houses on three sides of a square) off the High Street. On the site of Numbers 1, 2 & 3 Manorside there had been a house, 2 High Street, which was demolished in the summer of 1987 in order to make way for the new housing development. It was originally a 19th-century Coach House for the Manor which had been converted into residential accommodation in 1951.
The numbers are 1-21 with no number 13; the front doors of numbers 1-8 are actually on the west side of High Street.
19th and early 20th century auctions and ownership
In 1812, at the time of the Badsey Enclosure Act, this land was part of old enclosures, the Manor House and Cherry Orchard, owned by Edward Wilson. On 23rd July 1866, Edward Wilson tried to sell the land and property at an auction at The Northwick Arms Hotel, Evesham. The Manor House remained unsold, however, and it was not until the 20th century that it was sold.