Edward Hall was born in Wotton-under-Edge and married Laura Knight in 1904. At the 1911 census they had three children and were living at 3 West Street, Evesham and he was a bricklayer.
By June 1916, he lived in Willersey Road, Badsey as a bricklayer and smallholder and was before a Military Tribunal asking for a temporary exemption from military service. This was granted and he then joined the Worcestershire Regiment (No 38281) and was serving in the 1st Battalion as a Private, at the end of the Great War. The Parish Magazine of August 1917 reported that he was at Rouen, France in June 1917 and was in the Lordswood VAD Hospital, Birmingham in March 1918, where he had been a patient for some time. Whilst there, he was involved in theatrical productions and deemed a great success.
His service record no longer survives, but he was awarded the Victory and British War Medals.
After the War he lived at 'Goosecroft', Willersey Road, just outside the Wickhamford parish boundary but was a valued member of the congregation of St John the Baptist Church in Wickhamford. For the 1941 Farm Survey, he was recorded as having under 5 acres of land and was growing fruit and keeping over 700 poultry. The January 1952 Parish Magazine gave a fulsome obituary recording his regular attendance at, and his work for, the church in Wickhamford. His body was cremated after his death on 1st December 1951, and his ashes were interred in Wickhamford churchyard.