Thomas Henry Hunt was born at West Felton, Shropshire, in 1826, the third child and first son of Thomas Hunt, rector of West Felton. The Hunts were a Shropshire family, from the Baschurch and Boreatton region. Thomas Hunt attended Eton School and then studied at Christ Church, Oxford, from 1847-1853 where he gained a BA in 1849 and an MA in 1852. He was ordained in 1851, and was Vicar of Badsey and Wickhamford from 1852-87, and Rural Dean of Evesham from 1881-87. A questionnaire on the state of the church in Wickhamford in 1868 is in the archives at Christ Church.
Reverend Hunt married Charlotte Hamilton, a Scottish woman, in Ayr in 1857. They had six children, all born in Badsey. After retiring from the ministry, Thomas Hunt lived at Ruyton Park, Ruyton-Eleven-Towns, Shropshire; he died there in 1896.
Just under a century later, the Reverend Peter Braby (Vicar of Badsey and Wickhamford, 1958-1973), wrote an article in the Parish Magazine about his predecessor.