Parish Newsletters 1948-1953
The parish magazine was probably reintroduced in the period immediately following the Second World War, after a gap over 25 years. Copies of Aldington, Badsey and Wickhamford Parish Magazine are available from January 1948, but it was certainly in existence in 1947, as the January 1948 issue includes a magazine account for the year ending 31st December 1947 showing that 300 copies a month were printed. It was probably started in the period 1945-1947 when the Reverend Graham Jeffreys became Vicar following Canon Allsebrook’s long incumbency and continued by the Reverend Wilfred Broadhurst Chapman when he became Vicar at the end of 1947. The cost was 3d per issue. In 1952, the magazine changed its name to Badsey, Aldington and Wickhamford Parish Magazine at a cost of 3s 6d per annum.
The magazines for these years have all been bound into one black volume.