Glass milk bottle from about 1950 labelled 'H Robinson, Manor Dairy, Badsey'.
Harry Robinson moved into Badsey Manor House in 1947. He ran several businesses which he called the ‘Manor Dairy’. There was a retail dairy selling milk to the local community, a turkey farm, and orchards that extended from his garden down as far as Badsey Brook. Harry also tried his hand at mink farming. A small wooden sign saying ‘Dairy’ is still visible on the front of the house. David Caswell, the Badsey blacksmith, worked for Harry and remembers the family with affection, although there is no doubt that Harry was a shrewd businessman.