Invitation to the Aldington Silver Jubilee Celebration on 6th May 1935, sent out by W H Butler, Chairman, and V Wasley, Treasurer; printed by The Journal Press, Evesham. The festivities were as follows:
- 2.30, Children’s sports in meadow
- 4, Children’s tea in parish room
- 5, Meat tea for adults in parish room
- 6.30, Adults’ and children’s sports continued
- 8, King’s speech broadcast on radio gramophone
- 9, Social and musical entertainment.
The menu consisted of boiled ham & tongue, boiled beef, salads, followed by sweets, trifles and jellies.