On 13th April 1829, land at Blackminster from the estate of the late Francis Grove, was auctioned at The White Hart Inn, Evesham. It was bought by the Reverend Thomas Williams, who already owned much land in Badsey and Aldington. The following notice appeared in The Worcester Herald of Saturday 11th April 1829.
FREEHOLD ESTATE, Offenham, Worcestershire
To be sold by Auction
BY W THOMAS
At the White Hart Inn, Evesham, in the county of Worcester, on Monday the 13th day of April 1829 between the hours of four and six o’clock in the afternoon, subject to conditions of sale then and there to be produced, in two lots, the following Inclosures of Arable and Meadow Land:
- Lot 1 – All those two inclosures of arable land, called or known by the name of Barn Ground, and Shoulder of Mutton Ground, together with the Barn, Stable and Outbuildings thereon erected, containing together, by admeasurement 18a 2r 24p, also all the piece of rich Meadow Land adjoining, known by the name of Long Meadow, containing by admeasurement 1a 3r 6p, total 20a 1r 30p.
- Lot 2 – All that piece of exceedingly rich meadow land, called or known by the name of Blackminster Meadow, adjoining Bretforton Brook, containing by admeasurement 5a 2r 20p, total 26a 0r 10p.
The above premises are freehold of inheritance, were late the estate of Mr Francis Grove, a lunatic, deceased, and are situate and being at Blackminster in the parish of Offenham in the county of Worcester, and now in the possession of Messrs Charles and Francis Drury, tenants-at-will, who are under notice to quit at Michaelmas next.
For further particulars, apply to Mr Anthony New, Bewdley Street, Mr John Humphris or Henry Wright, Attorney-at-Law, all of Evesham; and to view the same, apply to the tenants.