Present-day address: 24 Synehurst, Badsey
A semi-detached house built on the east side of Synehurst in 1927. Until 1950, the house was No 37 Synehurst. The other half of the semi-detached house, which was No 38 Synehurst, is now known as No 2A Bretforton Road. The occupant of No 38 had a taxi service. He felt it was better for business if his house had an address of Bretforton Road rather than Synehurst. He tried to change the address of both halves of the semi-detached house to Bretforton Road but Ted Evans, who lived in No 37, was upset, as he wanted it to stay with the original road-name. So that is how the west half of the semi-detached house is 24 Synehurst and the east half is 2A Bretforton Road!
Photographer: Roger Martin, May 2008