Originally a silk mill built in 1818 adjoining the old corn mill, the building was converted into residential accommodation (five cottages) in 1864 by William Parker (date and name plaque on wall). The cottages were refurbished in 1972, the occupants moving into caravans whilst refurbishment took place. A bathroom and inside toilet were put in, and three of the cottages were made into two (the middle one being split, with half being given to either side), to make a row of four decent-sized cottages. The hard track right outside the front doors disappeared, and gardens were created. The public right of way which ran through The Mill grounds was now positioned slightly further away, so the occupants did not have to put up with people staring in at the windows.