This impressive dovecote once stood close to the centre of Badsey in Wheatleys Orchard. Both the orchard and the dovecote were destroyed in 1962 to make way for the St James Close housing estate. David Caswell remembers the position of the dovecote as roughly at the end of the garden of 22 St James Close. It is shown on the 1815 enclosure map and is one of several historic buildings that have sadly been lost in Badsey. This photograph was kindly lent to us by L. Bindoff.