How did the road get its name?
Badsey Lane is a road in Bengeworth, Evesham, and is so-named as it leads from there to Badsey. It is included here as, although it is listed under the parish of Bengeworth, a small section of it, at the top of Knowle Hill, is in Wickhamford. At either end of the road, in Bengeworth and in Badsey, there is a sign saying Badsey Lane. At no point is there a sign saying Knowle Hill, but all of the buildings from the junction with High Street, Badsey, to the top of Knowle Hill, have a postal address of Knowle Hill, Evesham.
Towards the top of Knowle Hill, there are three properties which are mainly in Wickhamford but the parish boundary crosses their land and the frontages are in Evesham: The Ridge, Knowle Hill Plant Centre and Compost Corner. There is just one bungalow, Hoby Lodge, in the Badsey part of the road, east of Badsey Brook.
When did housing development begin?
The Ridge was built in the 1920s. Knowle Hill Plant Centre and the bungalow called Compost Corner were built in the latter part of the 20th century.
Hoby Lodge in Badsey was built in the 1970s in the grounds of what was once part of Badsey Hall.
Who lived on this road in the 19th and early 20th century?
This street on the 1939 Register.