How did the road get its name?
Hither Green is named after the old field name of Hither Green Ground.
When did housing development begin?
Hither Green is a development of six detached houses built in 1984. Today, a footpath runs from Badsey Village to the Bretforton Road just to the west of Hither Green. Until 1815, the main road to Evesham cut right through the centre of what is now Hither Green. On the site of Numbers 1 & 2 Hither Green, there used to be five cottages known as The Leys which were used for residential accommodation until the 1950s and then used as a market gardening warehouse before being demolished.
The numbers are 1-6.
19th and early 20th century auctions and ownership
The five cottages were sold at auction in 1866.