How did the road get its name?
The road is so-called because it is a road which leads to the station. With the opening of Littleton and Badsey Station at Blackminster on 21st April 1884, it became an important route for sending market gardening produce to market in Birmingham.
When did housing development begin?
In 1842, at the time that the Offenham Tithe Map was drawn, there were no houses at all in Blackminster; the land was given over to arable. The first house to be built was the one known today as Lime Trees which was built in the 1870s. In the late 1880s, Corner House and Victoria Cottage were built at the junction with Birmingham Road. By 1911, the house known as Orchard House had been built. After the First World War, five bungalows and one house were built on the south side of the road. In the latter half of the 20th century, two more bungalows were built on the south side. Development also began on a track leading off the south side of the road. Two new houses were built on the north side of Station Road in the second decade of the 21st century.
There are no numbers – all the houses have names.