On 29th July 1946, E.G. Righton & Son held an auction to sell Mill Farm, Wickhamford. The property was just under 73 acres in extent and included the Mill House and disused Water Mill and other buildings. It had land frontage opposite the Sandys Arms. The property was being sold by Mrs E. Carter of Pitcher’s Hill Farm, in Manor Road, Wickhamford. An advertisement appeared in The Tewkesbury Register and Agricultural Gazette on 27th July 1946.
Edward and Mary Carter lived at Wickham House next to the Pitcher’s Hill farm buildings when the 1939 Register was compiled. The property was bought by Austin Daffurn who later sold up and moved to Devon.