Skip to main content

Offenham 1881

Description of Enumeration District: “The whole of the civil ecclesiastical and rural sanitary parish of Offenham, including Blackminster, Westbury’s Cottage, Bennetts Hill, Three Cocks, The Boltons, New Town and Rock House and new cottages situate at the Four Crossings.”

Schedules 121-125 have an address of Blackminster. In addition to the two semi-detached cottages known today as Rose Cottage and Ivanhoe, and The Old Farmhouse, on the east side of Birmingham Road, there was a new house, thought to be Orchard House, on the north side of Station Road. The last schedule, No 125, occupied by Thomas Westbury, is thought to be Bolstrode Cottage, north of the railway line, and thus not a Badsey house; it is included here in case anyone is able to confirm whether or not this assumption is correct.

Enumerator: Walter Howley

No. Address on Census Present-day Address Surnames of People in Household
121 Blackminster Road, Blackminster Orchard House, Station Road, Blackminster BRIDGES; PHIPPS; ADAMS
122 Blackminster The Old Farm House, Birmingham Road, Blackminster KNIGHT
123 Blackminster Ivanhoe/Rose Cottage, Birmingham Road, Blackminster PRESTON
124 Blackminster Ivanhoe/Rose Cottage, Birmingham Road, Blackminster PRESTON
125 Blackminster Thought to be Bolstrode Cottage, Station Road, South Littleton WESTBURY