Skip to main content

Oxley House, Longdon Hill

Present-day address: Oxley House, Longdon Hill, Wickhamford

A detached house built on the south side of Longdon Hill in 1885. It was originally called Longdon Villa, by 1911 it was called The Homestead. The name of the house was changed again in 1938, after Lt-Col Henry Staveley Staveley-Hill bought it. He renamed it Oxley’; presently, the property is called Oxley House.

Photographer: Maureen Spinks, June 2010