Present-day address: The Pub in a Club, High Street, Badsey
Erected in 1854 on land which used to be part of Aldington, this building has had a variety of uses over the years. In the 1840s, Richard Ashwin, who lived at Aldington Manor, donated a small piece of land (80 feet x 42 feet) for the purpose of building a school. A National School was erected on the site in 1854. A new school was opened on School Lane in 1895 and the old school was used for community purposes. In 1951, it was bought from the Diocesan Board by George Henry Stewart for use by the Boy Scouts. In 1962, it was sold to the British Legion (now the Royal British Legion). Since 2016 it has been called The Pub in a Club.