Present-day address: Spar, 14-16 High Street, Badsey
A house built in the 1840s; the ground floor has been used as a shop since the last decade of the 19th century, with the left-hand section being a general shop. From around 1908, Lewis Stribblehill moved into the side of the shop which is now the Post Office; he was a wheelwright and an undertaker and continued in business until his death in 1949. In the late 1950s, Lucy Meadows took over the shop, a business which she ran for some 40 years. George Sangha, the present owner, has run the shop since 1997.
Photographer: Rosemarie Davies, May 2021; © The Badsey Society