The Benedictine monks of Evesham Abbey acquired the Seyne House at Badsey. It was probably a single storey building. More about the monks in the Seyne House.
After the dissolution of Evesham Abbey, Henry VIII sold the Seyne House to the diplomat Sir Philip Hoby. He gave the house to his half brother Richard Hoby who lived there with his family. More about the Hoby family.
Richard Hoby had the Elizabethan house built, probably reusing some of the walls of the Seyne House. Pevsner's description.
The Wilson family bought the house, together with the title of Lord of the Manor. The family lived there for about 200 years. Wilson family.
The Wilson family made major changes to the front of the house giving it a Georgian appearance by covering the timbering with a render and removing the gables.
After the death of Edward Wilson, the house was sold to John Tutin Wingfield who carried out major renovation work and partly restored its Elizabethan appearance. Maypole dancing in 1911.
About 100 German prisoners of war were moved into the house to work on the land. More about the German POWs.
The now derelict house was bought by Harry Robinson who restored it and divided it into two houses. His family lived in the larger, south side and he sold off the other side..
For more information see 'The Seyne House' chapter in the book Aldington and Badsey: Villages in the Vale published by the Badsey Society, 2009.