How did the road get its name?
Turnpike Drive has a postal address of Evesham but is located in the parish of Aldington and the Badsey ward/electoral division. It is named after the nearby road (Offenham Road) which became a two-mile turnpike in 1728.
When did housing development begin?
In 2018, six detached houses, 15 terraced houses and four flats were built by Redrow housing on a site which had previously been fields behind Aldington Lodge on the Offenham Road. An archaeological dig paid for by Redrow in 2016 uncovered a burial site and the amazing discovery of a complete, bell-shaped pottery jar of the type known as a beaker, dating back to 2500-2100 BC.
Odd numbers are 1-33 (without No 13) on the west side and even numbers are 2-18 on the east side.