Oxfordshire – Chipping Norton: St Mary the Virgin
St Mary the Virgin (pictured right) is the parish church of Chipping Norton and is where Julius Sladden worshipped whilst living in Chipping Norton.
In April 1877, a poll was taken in the parish to see whether the church should be re-seated and restored. After “a grand battle”, in the words of Julius Sladden, a majority of 47 were in favour of applying for a faculty to carry out the alterations.
Letters mentioning this place: