Skip to main content

Found at Badsey Hall - Badsey Mill, torn scrap from a sheet with heading "Badsey Silk Mill near Evesham"


Torn scrap from a sheet with the heading "Badsey Silk Mill near Evesham, bought of Langley & Co, Silk Throwsters, Twisters, etc". Undated but likely to be 1851 when Thomas Bolland Langley took over the running of the mill.

Year created
Undated - c1851
Publication Date/Date Made
Undated - c1851
Physical Characteristics (Dimensions)
20.5 cm x 7 cm
Physical Characteristics (Description)
Torn scrap of headed notepaper in two pieces - fragile
Supporting Information

The Stone House (or Badsey Hall as it is now called) was owned by Arthur Edward Jones from 1915 until his death in 1950. It remained unoccupied for a number of years and became semi-derelict. In 1969, it was bought by Peter Marriott who employed Mick Taylor to renovate the building. Arthur Jones had also owned Silk Mill Cottages (which had been converted from a Silk Mill into residential accommodation in 1864); 9 deeds relating to the Mill were found in 1999 in the attic of Malvern House (also owned by Jones). This scrap of paper was presumably once with them.

Donor or Creator of Records
Mick Taylor
Found under the floorboards of The Stone House, now known as Badsey Hall, 42 High Street
Nature of Acquisition
Accession Date
Access Conditions
Contact Archive Manager