Present-day address: The Manor House, 4 & 6 High Street, Badsey
An Elizabethan Manor House built on the site of Evesham Abbey’s “Seyne House”, it was owned by the Wilson family for around 250 years until the beginning of the 20th century but, because of increasing financial problems, a part of the Manor was let out to tenants. From 1913-1915 it was used as a Boys’ Home and in the last year of the First World War it was used as a German Prisoner of War Camp. It was semi-derelict in the period between the two world wars in the 20th century, but in 1947 it was bought and made into two houses by Harry Robinson.
Photographer: Lizzie Noyes, May 2008