Edward William WILKINSON (1876-1950)
Edward William Wilkinson (1876-1950), was the second husband of Mary Lintott who was the mother of Rosina Beatrice Lintott (fiancée of George Sladden from 1915-1919).
Edward Wilkinson was born on 15th February 1876 at Marylebone, London, the eldest of ten children (six died in childhood) of Thomas James Wilkinson and his wife, Ann Phillis (née Luckings). At the time of the 1881 census, Edward and his mother and two younger siblings were staying at The Three Horse Shoes, Aldenham, where his maternal widowed grandfather, William Luckings, was licensed victualler.
In October 1897, Edward began employment as a carman at Paddington Goods Station for Great Western Railway, he was dismissed in May 1899. In 1901, when living with his widowed mother and younger siblings, he was still described as a carman.
In 1907, Edward married Fanny Lintott (née Ives), who was a widow with three young children. They had four children: Edward (c1906), Fanny (1908), Lorna (1913) and James Frank (1915). By 1911 they were living at 8 Whitchurch Lane, Little Stanmore, Middlesex, in 1911 and Edward was by now a fishmonger. From letters written by members of the Sladden family, it becomes clear that Edward’s step-children did not get on with their step-father.
Edward was widowed in January 1919 when Fanny died at 8 Whitchurch Lane. Two years later he married Ethel Rose Coxhill on 26th March 1921 at the Parish Church, Hendon. In 1939 they were living at 81 High Street, Edgware.
Edward died at Ruper House, Stone Grove, Edgware, on 10th January 1950, aged 73, and was buried six days later at Little Stanmore. His home address at the time of his death was 56 Silverston Way, Stanmore, Middlesex.