Three men from Badsey/Aldington/Wickhamford are remembered on the war memorial in Abbey Park, Evesham: Gunner Irvin Godfrey Wilcox, Second Lieutenant Alfred Hiscock (or Hiscox as he appears on official war records) and Private Charles Harwood.
Irvin Wilcox moved to Badsey in 1912, to Wickhamford in 1914 and later in the war to Evesham. His name incorrectly appears as J G Wilcox on the Abbey Park memorial. Alfred Hiscock was born in Evesham and spent his early childhood living with his parents on Magpie Lane, Evesham, and then with his guardian, Hubert Smith of Bengeworth Fields, from where he went off to war. Charles Harwood never lived in Evesham, but his parents moved to Bengeworth after the war.
The memorial has 333 names inscribed on it and it was unveiled at a special ceremony on 7th August 1921. It was designed by H E Dicks with sculpture by Henry Poole.