Kent - Sandwich: Delph House, Delph Street
Delph House, Delph Street (or Delf House, Delf Street as it is written today) was the home of Francis Nixon Sladden (1843-1909), known as Frank, who was the brother of Julius Sladden.
Delf House is a Grade II* listed building in the centre of Sandwich. Frank and family moved to Sandwich in the 1890s after he retired from farming in Ash. The family remained living there until Franks’s death in 1909. His widow, Edith Sladden, then moved to Deal with one of her daughters, Norah.